Each state has its own methods of "licencing" for specific under the national standard. http://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/F95A8A5B-9A56-45F5-90F6-B59C00E2F214/0/NationalStandardLicPersonsPerfHighRiskWk_2006.pdf) Some states also have "state based" tickets such as the earthmoving classes in NSW.
Although the national licences allow operation of the specified equipment throughout Australia each state has different methods of licencing. It is a good idea to refer to your states OHS bodies website.
- Comcare Australia
- Safe Work Australia
- Queensland Workplace HealthÂ and Safety
- Safetyline - WorkSafe Western Australia
- Victorian WorkCover Authority
- Workplace Standards Tasmania
- WorkCover Corporation of South Australia
- SafeWork SA
In general the log book system is being phased out in all states. Enrolment in the approved course is first required. (http://www.workcover.nsw.gov.au/Training/AccreditedCourse/Pages/changestrainingassessment.aspx)
Operating unlicensed is not only a breach of the OHS regulations but is will also negate your insurance policies.
In regards to Refresher Training Australian Standard AS2359 Part2 specifies that an employer should provide regular refresher training.
Why choose Forkpro Australia?
For our classroom training:
- Our facility is first class.
- The forklifts are current model and we teach on both counterbalance and reach type forklift for LF class.
- There is a maximum of 6 trainees per class.
- A trainer is always with the trainees (we don't just tell them to go practice).
Forklifts are our specialty.